please help

Dana akadanak at kc.rr.com
Sat Sep 22 20:43:38 CDT 2001

Thanks for all your help which helped me get going but
unfortunately so far unsuccessfully.

I am using Nero to burn the CD's because that is what I
have. The first two attempts yeilded CD's with the ISO
copied. So they were coasters. Next I went to Nero's
home page and downloaded the update to version 5.5
which can handle ISO's and I was able to transfer the
ISO image correctly.

So I put it in the CD player on my machine (which is
much older than the Windows machine that the CD-ROM
was created on and it refused to boot.

No problem, I'll make a floppy boot disk with the instructions
provided. I make the boot disk and it does in fact start to boot.
Oh happy day. But it doesn't matter what mode I select, even
text mode, it gets so far along and then says it can't continue due
to bad media.

Do you think I have to get a faster/newer CD-ROM drive? The
one I have is an old 20X. Or is it something else. Bad karma?

Dana