Swapable Boot Drives

Patrick Thurmond p_thurmond at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 03:56:17 CDT 2001

Just buy 3 identical drives (hardware wise) and put your os's on them, prob solved. Or get System
Commander.
-Patrick
Robert Kennedy <erwin_k_r at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi All,

Right now I'm running Red Hat 7 on a pretty generic
X86 machine. My daughter wants to run Windblows and
wouldn't know a bootloader option program if it bit
her. I'm also interested in running Amiga OS XL which
is two emulators, one Linux Based, one based on the
QNX kernal.

I've been thinking about using removable hard drives
for the different OS's. My son thinks there might be
problems with settings that get saved to static ram
associated with the BIOS. (I.E. conflicts between
Winslows and other OS's)

Can someone clear this up, or please point me at the
proper reference?

Best,

Bob Kennedy