Powerline 4 Megabit/s

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Tue Oct 23 12:30:44 CDT 2001

http://www.ascom.com/apps/WebObjects/ecore.woa/de/showNode/siteNodeID_19589_
contentID_134952_languageID_1.html

or if e-mail broke this link,
go to http://www.ascom.com and click on:
     25/09 Powerline Communications in Switzerland.

This is compelling; I've seen the idea from time to
time on Slashdot, but no one here in the States seems to
be taking advantage of it. From what I can tell the electric
company becomes a broadband provider, and
though not specific, they say it is conceivable it
could be less expensive than other forms of
broadband. At 4.5 Megabits/s, it's worth looking
in to. Maybe we can convince Ascom to set up the
first North American installation right here in KC.

I think it would perfectly address what Sunflower
is looking for... but it might be a ways off yet!

-J