ISP's

P.M. pert at tas-kc.com
Mon Oct 22 16:42:13 CDT 2001

I loved my ION :`---(

I have not heard about Direct DSL. What is there web site? Do we trust
DSL? Someone said ASI is now getting techs out in less than a week not
several months. That is the biggest reason for no dsl and the new
requirement of PPPoE. If they are independent are they going to stay
around?  Who's dslams are they using? Otherwise they sound like they
have a good product so long as there network is not overloaded and
services are not mismanaged.

In KC (downtown/rivermarket area/NKC) there is aeroconnect. They have 4
access points (2 near me), and are planning to move south towards the Plaza.

They claim to offer up to 3 Megs Synchronous (1.5 in older flyers) with
static IP -- for 49.95/month They say the window unit is not expensive,
but have not told me a price because they are really trying to get my
landlord to splurge for a building wide unit ($2200 installed)