For all of you @Home users...

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Wed Nov 28 18:32:26 CST 2001

Check out this link about Excite at Home possibly terminating service to all
broadban users as of Nov 30:
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1004-200-7996444.html?tag=lthd

Then I got an email today from Comcast concerning the possible loss of
broadband service.  In the FAQ at the end of the email was this:
<snip>
How can I connect to the Internet if my service is interrupted?
We recommend that you take advantage of Comcast's Connection Backup Program
to obtain free dial-up and e-mail service as a temporary alternative.
Visit  www.comcastonline.com/info.htm today to sign up for service.  (This
service requires that you have a phone modem.)
</snip>

I checked the "Connection Backup Program" and discovered a link through from
Comcast's site to NetZero!  This is their BACKUP CONNECTION PLAN?  A windoze
only dial-up ISP!

Gene