Win flame war

Eric Gilliland jegilliland at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:20:23 CST 2001

Thanks for the info.  I am considering upgrading to XP because 1) I get it
for $20 and 2) I want a more stable platform.  After I finish my thesis in
Jan or Feb I plan to move away from Windows and use it only for games.  I
will also have to get a non winmodem for this to happen.  What I am
considering is doing a clean install of Win XP and then just paying the $25
for the three disk set of Mandrake 8.1 and installing it.  Any reason this
would not work?  And I would disagree that ME is the worst of the 95 series
OSes.  It is WAY more stable than Win 95.  I can't afford (or, rather, won't
afford) to get Win 2000.  Anyway, I really ony want to play games on it
anyway.  I hope to do all web browsing and such through Linux as soon as I
get a hardware modem.

Thanks again for the info.  I didn't mean to start an argument over windows.
  I think we can all agree that MS OSes suck!

Eric Gilliland

J. Eric Gilliland
jegilliland at hotmail.com
Meet it is I set it down, that one may smile, and smile, and be a villain.
Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5