SDL_config

Aldis A Tuck dlegion at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 20:55:59 CST 2001

No Prob,
I did not take it personal  :)
I'm just frustrated because I have looked toward sites to fix the problem im
having.  I went to http://libsdl.org  and in the FAQ's under linux it told me
what to do to fix my issue but what it told me to do is somthing that i dont
know how to do. I added a line to my /etc/ld.so.conf like the faq told
me(/usr/local/lib) then it told me to run /sbin/ldconfig.
it wont run, at least not the way i tried to run it :(
Then it says make sure /usr/local/bin is in your execution path:
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin/
Im lost, am I right in saying that SDL for linux is like DIRECTX for windows?
Arn't there other programs for linux that perform the same types of tasks and
why inst thier just one standard for these types of media? I'm probably
confused again.