boot time

dlegion dlegion at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 20:08:24 CST 2001

I am not confident enough to mess with my kernal, let alone no what to mess
with once I started but I did want to learn how I could speed up the time it
takes to load linux.  I want a super fast boot up.  I want to know what
programs I can do without safely at boot up and just start them as I need
them, because I probably won't always make use of everthing.
Right from the start Mandrake 8.1 is using over 100MB of physical memory.
My system doesnt run slow but I still want to trim it up, If there are any
recourses specific to this I would apreciate a point in the right direciton.

Thank You.