Kernel Security update

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Wed Nov 14 18:31:13 CST 2001

What! What could be easier than:

# make config           (.... Or xconfig, personal pref)
# make dep
# make clean
# nohup make bzImage &
# tail -f nohup.out     (.... to monitor the progress)
# make install          (.... yep, this works!)
# make modules
# make modules_install
# emacs /etc/lilo.conf
# lilo -v

??? ;-)

Well rpm upgrades are A LOT easier, but Redhat doesn't recommend an rpm -Uvh.
Check out their how-to here:

http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/kernel-upgrade/kernel-upgrade.html