iptables being denied because ipchains is being used?

Michael Pratt mtpratt at swbell.net
Wed Nov 14 12:57:46 CST 2001

--Boundary_(ID_eduJHr0VC+KgpYKuKJ331g)

I am currently using IPTABLES through my firewall and it works nicely. All you need to do is run
setup then go to system services and disable ipchains and enable iptables. reboot and your good to
go. As a matter of fact I use iptables to block the NIMDA virus from my network. works very well.
over the past week I have blocked over 91 ip address.  This is a shell script in addition to a
couple of perl scripts that are setup on my box to scan the access_log on apache and automatically
add them to my iptables. this is also added to the iptables script at boot up. I set up a cron job
to automatically do this.  If anyone would like it I would be happy to share! :)

Mike