iptables being denied because ipchains is being used?

Kent Miller cupajavaman at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 12 05:18:44 CST 2001

I have loaded RedHat 7.2 onto my computer for the 2.4 kernel capabilities. Especially the ipchains
capabilities. When I went to run any iptables commands I came to find out that that the iptables
command was not available. But that the ipchains command is? In fact it looks like the default
RedHat install used ipchains instead of iptables? I have the 2.4.7-10 kernel. Anybody know what the
H$!! is up with that, and how I can use iptables. My understanding is that iptables is much better
than ipchains.

THX in advance,

Kent Miller