kids software

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.org
Mon Nov 12 05:12:38 CST 2001

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, dlegion wrote:

> I want to set up linux on my five year old duaghters computer, but first i
> need to know if there are kids games and educational games and recourses
> available.  I tried some searches but am coming up empty.

I'd say get her started making cute graphics on the screen.  She may be
inspired and the programming should grow from there. Only if I could have
started openGL programming, learning perl, or something that could last a
lifetime...

Back in my day, we didn't have the luxury of computers to hack with when
we were kids.  On my fith birthday, my mom sent me to Radio Shack for my
present.  I picked an electronic project kit and started building radios
and cool stuff unlike the other kids that collected cars and toys with
uninterchangeable parts.  It would be ten years later that I would build
my first computer from a kit: the ZX81.  I loved my parents for getting me
started that way.

> Do You Yahoo!?

Yes, I do Yahoo sometimes...

-=Duane