Linksys Firewall/router

Charles K. Lee II chuckx at cold-sun.com
Wed Nov 7 01:56:36 CST 2001

> Which brings up a good point. Why
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2001/06/21/php_foundations.htmlis it better to have a dedicated
> hardware solution?

I was actually referring to running services on the computer that's acting
as a firewall.  The hardware vs. software router argument doesn't make much
sense to me either.  It's just different hardware and different software, it
doesn't seem to me that one is intrinsically better than the other.

> And on another related subject. I can't get my SSH server to allow scp.
> I am running SSH with protocol 2 only. Is this preventing scp from
> connecting? Anybody ever do scp? any help would be appreciated, I have
> considerable data I want to transfer to my server.

I never had a problem with SCP.  Although when I used it, my SSH server was
using both protocols.  I'll test it out when I get home, becuase I recently
switched to running just protocol 2.

--
- chuckx | Charles K. Lee II -
- chuckx at cold-sun.com -