Linksys Firewall/router

mrkshrt at transparentsolutions.com mrkshrt at transparentsolutions.com
Tue Nov 6 19:54:48 CST 2001

I have a netgear rm356 that works pretty well, no problems.
It is nice to have as a backup to my Linksys router/switch/firewall.
And they both get hacked only a few times a day, which is OK by me.

;)

Only problems I have had with NAT are none that I know of, only ports that
get through are the ones that you forward.
I don't play network games or a lot of that type of stuff, may have a little
configuration problems with some of those, but making a machine the DMZ
machine should let you work around that if you need to.

Mark

PS. I like the idea of a dedicated little hardware device being my router
firewall personally.
If there is some big gaping hole in it I would sure like to know so I can
protect myself.