Linksys Firewall/router

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Nov 6 18:27:30 CST 2001

It has been my experience, that when an "expert" can't tell you why
something is : excellent, good, bad, worse, etc., they are just BSing.
These kinds of "experts" may have just enough knowledge to be dangerous,
and I categorically ignore these individuals advice.

JMHO,
Brian

P.S. I am using a software firewall on my internet server with great
success. True, I should be using a real firewall, but for my little box
it works fine. The degree of protection you need is proportional to the
cost of recovering from a total loss of your content from an attack. If
you have a business need to be up and secure, you should probably spend
a few bucks (and include recovery costs in your contracts) on a serious
firewall.