SSH install info

Charles K. Lee II chuckx at cold-sun.com
Fri Nov 2 19:23:45 CST 2001

My SSH Experience:

-Run the command "apt-get install ssh" on my Linux box
-Wait for Debian package management magic to finish
-Install PuTTY on my Windows 2000 machine (which consists only of downloading
and running the executable)

And then I have a working SSH implementation.

And with a dynamic DNS service, I'm able easily log into my computer
remotely (don't have to memorize my IP :P).

I've used both PuTTY and TeraTerm's SSH extension and I find PuTTY to a bit
better.  You can save connection settings for each computer you connect to
and it definitely keeps to the KISS (keep it simple, stupid) philosophy
It even has a command line switch to start with one of the saved setting
configuration, so I've got a shortcut  on my desktop that automatically
presents a login prompt to my Linux box.

--
- chuckx | Charles K. Lee II -
- chuckx at cold-sun.com -