Is it OK for Microsoft and others to forbid disclosure of benchmark results?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Thu Nov 1 21:42:16 CST 2001

At 03:12 PM 11/1/01 -0600, you wrote:
>This is one more reason that the Open-source world will continue to grow.
>As you tighten your grip, your customers will eventually slip out of your
>hand and land in a much nicer world.

Unfortunately I feel like the salt shaker in the Church's Fried Chicken
commercial . . . when I slip out I whap up against something violently.
OUCH!

Next note -- yes, at least my server (mail) was compromised due to some RH
6.2 flaws . . . now I guess I will be more viligent and tighten down the
hatches on all my servers.  Perhaps it's a wakeup call, and I guess I
should be glad it was just a "script kiddie" but it still ruffles my ire
when I think about it.

Ironically, this morning I spoke of Internet security to a local business
association in Blue Springs.  Go figure?

-- Bradley Miller