Odd Firewall Problem

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Tue May 15 23:26:52 CDT 2001

(That's what I thought you were saying.)

I got this to work flawlessly; unfortunately the network it was on moved to
Fidalgo Island in Washington and bought an SMC Barricade 'cause they didn't
have a Linux guru.

What's your /etc/dhcpd.conf file look like?

Does it have

option domain-name "isc.org";
option domain-name-servers ns1.isc.org, ns2.isc.org;

Also, you should consider running SAMBA as a WINS server and setting

option netbios-name-servers
and
option netbios-node-type 8

Let's see what you've got so far.