Odd Firewall Problem

Steven L. Brendtro sbrendtro at home.com
Tue May 15 04:24:33 CDT 2001

Actually, the gateway of the subnet I am using (192.168.1.1) IS the DHCP
server, so there should be no problem, since it allows all local traffic,
both incoming and outgoing on the internal interface.  The external
interface is the one that has the hardened rules on it.  All the boxes are
getting the DHCP fine, but most of them all of a sudden didn't accept the
DNS and gateway definitions the DHCP server gave the clients.  They get
their IP's and netmask just fine.  That is the odd problem...

Steve.