Old Hardware Rant

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Tue May 15 01:22:06 CDT 2001

Oh, I love the stuff.  Learned my stuff on a Serial Selectric terminal with
a 54 baud acoustic connector and all that.

But the point is these boxes run Windows95 at reasonable resolutions without
making the monitor queasy.

Some of 'em even run a GUI install, then don't save that mode to the X
config.