Old Hardware Rant

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Mon May 14 18:52:06 CDT 2001

Here's a link to that utility:

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm

Forgot to post it earlier...

-----Original Message-----
From: Duston, Hal [mailto:hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 12:31 PM
To: KCLUG (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Old Hardware Rant

Jonathan,

Another way to attempt to get some info is to find out the "real"
manufacturer.  Which is probably _not_ some no-name co.  Use
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/ and enter the FCC id which is required
by law to be present on the monitor, and that should tell you who
really made your monitor.  Or you could try what Jeremy Fowler
suggested, although I was unaware of that utility.   I do know that
MS does have a _huge_ database of what amounts to mode lines in W98.
They are in the monitor*.inf (or some such similarly named) files
I think.

Hal Duston
Application Developer
913-906-4490