Old Hardware Rant

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon May 14 16:13:13 CDT 2001

I've never had a problem getting Linux to run graphical mode on a 486, p75,
p90. Granted some of the video cards are buggy, and some of the graphical
installs don't work on some of the older hardware. In fact my internet
server is running on a p75, and it hasn't been down once since I put it
online. also you should be able to find the sync rates for the monitor from
the manufacturer's website. also there is a file that lists just about any
monitor's sync rate, you might want to check out the Linux Documentation
site, or the X11 website.

Brian

If you use cheap hardware, don't expect your data to thank you.
 ;')