Redhat 7.1 Install

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Sat May 5 03:34:07 CDT 2001

Hey all,

I'm trying to install RH7.1 on a PC that has an A7V-133 mobo w/ the onboard
Promise FastTrack100 RAID controller. There are two 20GB Hard drives setup in a
RAID 0 array, no other hard drives are in the system. Using the default RH
install, disk druid shows the drives as hde & hdg, instead of as one RAID drive.
Using the "linux dd" I pointed out the disk with the Promise drivers and disk
druid still doesn't give me the RAID device. I then followed Promise's readme
that came with the drivers and I entered in "expert text" at the boot: menu.
However, I get a kernel panic saying I need to set root= at boot. Anybody have
any experience with Promise RAID cards and Redhat or know of a How-to anywhere?

Thanks,

Jeremy Fowler