Exciting careers in COBOL77!

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Fri Mar 30 01:30:24 CST 2001

So we have, what, five or six people who say (to one degree or another)
"DeVry is not a good investment in KC, check your other options" and one guy
who says "bullshit" a lot.   Guess Eric didn't get much in the way of
advanced math _or_ english at DeVry, eh?

I used to be a real hot-spit COBOL coder until I discovered System 370
Assembler.

Originally, though, I learned to code in a language that can express three
pages of COBOL on three lines - line-compiled APL.

I can't code "Hello, World" in C, but I can write one heck of a script/batch
file.

I find it's far more rewarding to be saying "What was your user ID and
password again?".  Especially when you're talking to a tech-school-trained
coder...