Network OS's (Was:Off Topic - Novell Contractor Needed)

Jeremy Fowler jeremy at microlink.net
Thu Mar 22 20:13:09 CST 2001

http://www.crn.com/components/search/Article.asp?ArticleID=17587

--Begin Clip--
Survey respondents gave Novell its highest rating in product quality and
reliability, where the leader (6.09) left Microsoft (5.30) in the dust.

“Novell is so far ahead in product quality, it’s not even a race,” said Dan
Posner, chief executive of Tech Management Solutions, a solution provider in
Boca Raton, Fla. “My company was the first to beta-test [Novell’s] NetWare 5.1,
and I was extremely impressed with the way it installed and ran. To me, NetWare
5.1 is as good as it gets.”

Charlie Tragresser, chief executive of Portland, Ore.-based integrator Polar
Systems Inc., agreed. “Novell has been known for its product quality and the
strength of its core offerings,” he said. “Overall, I think Novell is alive and
well.”

“Product quality has been our foundation,” said Bill Wall, worldwide director of
field and channel marketing for Novell. “We have a mature product and 80 million
users worldwide, including 80 percent of the Fortune 500 companies. When you
have so many demanding customers, you can imagine why reliability is so high.”
--End Clip--

-Bested NT in reliability and quality...
-80% of the Fortune 500 companies use Netware...

http://www.nwfusion.com/best2000/best-user/best-user.html

- Best Network Operating System: Netware 5.1

More fuel for the fire... -Jeremy