Meeting reminder [now video card topic]

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Wed Mar 7 17:59:14 CST 2001

I have Mandrake 7.2, and it loads the SVGA driver.  I want Accelerated (that
why I bought a Geforce, right?)  If you read the fine print, directly under
the NVidia Geforce in the link you sent, it points to a how-to that tells
how one person got the NVidia drivers running under Mandrake 7.0  I have
followed these steps with Mandrake 7.2, and tried variations on the FAQ,
Nothing.

Also, Mandrake claims to have XFree86 4.0.1 (The package name is
XFree86-4.0.1-26mdk.rpm), but the identifier from xdpyinfo shows 3.3.6!

Chris Midkiff
DataCapture Technologies
chris at datacaptech.com