KC RoadRunner and linux

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Mon Feb 26 16:45:27 CST 2001

I recently heard of some people having troubles with the Linux driver for
the Intel 10/100 Nic.  Not sure if it was loaded as module due to system
upgrade or if it was compiled into the kernel.  Anyway, one person told me
that once he went to a 2.3.xx kernel and then the 2.4 series that the
problem went away.  Basically under the 2.2 kernel the NIC would work  and
after some random period of time it would stop responding.  A reboot would
make the NIC work again for a while and then the same problem.

My .02 submitted for your approval.
Brian Kelsay