Dumb Question

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Tue Feb 6 19:40:16 CST 2001

That's funny, I got a pink sheet that looked like a work order, containing
the DNS info, an IP (Static, in case of problems I guess, which is what I
always get from them through DHCP), user name, computer name (which I had to
give the router, CJxxxx-a) and I think that is it.
Brian Kelsay

Thanks Brian,

I'll have the wife check our files, but, in the meantime...

I've used the IP's in DNS (24.16.152.15 and 24.16.152.17) and the domain of
indpdnce1.mo.home.com, and some random machine name

I've used the internal IP of the NIC in the Linux box (10.0.0.1) as the
gateway in network properties.

I wrote my own script using the examples right out of O'Reillys Linux
Network Administrators Guide 2nd Edition (I think I covered most of this in
a previous email) and it still doesn't work....

I believe I attachted my script in previous said email if any one who knows
ipchains would care to look at it.  If you can't find it, let me know, I'll
resend when I get home.

Thats where I sit.

Thanks again,

Eric

P.S.  I assume being in a room at the library downtown that we don't have
access to puters or the ability to drag in and set up our own...... Could
someone please clue me as to the physical layout of our meeting place.  I
struggle at this mightily trying to do the self teaching thing and too many
of these Linux concepts I have a hard time wrapping my bone head around and
could use a little classroom type environment.

Anyone with a home lab (or that could/would come to my office, home, spot in
the park, whatever) that would be interested in helping me learn Linux
and/or study for the RHCE ( I've been at this since last June, hope to take
the test this June, but if things don't improve, I'm afraid I'm looking at
shelling out $2500. for the RH300.)  Ok, that's enough of a plea for help
this time... Next time I'll have to beg.......

Would be more than willing to barter for time....I paint, build, mow, rake,
wrench and have a plethora of other abilities....  TIA..