Distro of the day . . .

Tommie Giles tgiles at kc.rr.com
Fri Feb 2 14:40:02 CST 2001

Here's hoping Mandrake works a little better for you. ;) good luck!

P.S. Slackware 7.1 will not boot with a seperate /boot partition, thus giving
you the 'kernel panic: no init found' error you were getting. I have no clue
as to why that is when other distros have no issue with it. I noticed that
when I downloaded the beta a while back.

As for a partitioning scheme... (yeah, old topic, I don't post often)
If you're going with EXT2, then I would have a seperate /boot, /, and /home
partition. If you plan to use ReiserFS with Mandrake (it's available), I
would use the same partitioning scheme- but be sure to format /boot as EXT2
and everything else can be Reiser.

heh. I have a Linux cd collection 6 inches stacked. (just cd's, no cases).
even got my first distro still around somewhere (unknown Slack version, had
the 0.98-pre1 kernel, I believe) hacking your own modelines in X and
recompiling the kernel for CD support, those were the days.

again, good luck!

tom