More mainstream . . .

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Feb 1 21:23:59 CST 2001

I didn't know 6.2 would load on a 400 MB system.
You're going to want:
	at least 250MB for /usr,
	that leaves 150MB - 2x RAM for /,
      and 2x RAM for swap.
Not a lot of room for creativity there, although you may need to reduce /usr
as much as possible to make room wherever the MP3 code and such will reside.
If you can browse the RPMs you will be installing first and calculate your
needs for /bin, /usr, /var, & /opt.
I'd just use fdisk, it may not be user friendly, but it is a simple
interface and [as long as you don't get too creative or experimental]
stable. Or you could use whatever the default RedHat format tool is during
setup. I'd make three partitions
/dev/hda1
/dev/hda2
/dev/hda3
no extended partitions to worry about.

Applying the golden rule KIS [ I don't generally like using the last word,
it's so politically incorrect ... ;')> ]
Like my great-grandfather Cunningham used to say
"Murphy was an OPTIMIST! So why tempt fate?".

Best Regards,
Brian

Brian Densmore <mailto:DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com>

Associate