Lilo

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Fri Dec 14 13:36:31 CST 2001

I have Mandrake 8.1 installed on my Dell Laptop.  I have a dual boot config
with Win98, which I Had to reinstall this week.  After reinstalling and
rebooting, I got the LIL- with nothing else.  So I rebooted using my
Mandrake boot floppy.  I logged on as root and ran lilo -v to load LILO back
up in the boot sector BUT I got the message : Kernel vmlinuz is too big.
This is a stock kernel, so I need to know how to successfully run LILO
without having to recompile my kernel.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gene