Libranet

Bob Batson rcb at kc.rr.com
Thu Apr 26 21:01:04 CDT 2001

At 3:07 PM -0500 4/26/01, Richard Meeker wrote:

>Libranet WAS based on Debian 2.2r2 until just recently.  It is still,
>basically, Debian.  It is as close to Debian as one gets with a
>"Debian-based" distribution - even the install routine is the same.
>Libranet includes a few utilities on the distribution CD for setting up
>sound and the like.  It also includes KDE 2.1.1.  Essentially, it's really
>set up for beginners so that the user doesn't have to use APT to make it
>work the way he wants.  In other words, it's ready to go straight off of the
>CD.
>
>If you've used Debian in the past, you might find Libranet to be refreshing.

I've never used Debian or any other Linux Distro before. The closest
I ever came to using any *NIX systems was my use of a shell account
over at SkyNET.

Right now I'm just looking at the various distributions. I was
wondering if I could install the basic Linux OS onto the first
partition and the remaining goodies (like mailer, editors, news
readers) onto a second partition like I had for OS/2?

--

Bob Batson                            L 39 12 14 N 94 33 16 W
rcb at kc.rr.com                         Kansas City