DPI in X

Edgar Allen era at sky.net
Wed Apr 25 20:13:18 CDT 2001

Forwarded message:

>One thing I've never figured out on my RedHat/Mandrake systems is how to
>force X into 100dpi mode.  It seems to default to 75dpi, and I don't know
>where the master control key is.  Does anyone else know?

In thefile /etc/X11/fs/config is a line:

default-resolutions = 75,75,100,100

Chane it to:

defaultresolutions = 100,100,75,75

And then 'service xfs restart' to make it take effect.

The next 'startx' or graphical login will default to 100 DPI.

(the 'service' command above is from memory, no RedHat available from
here, so it could be just 'fs' instead of 'xfs')