No subject

Duston, Hal hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Apr 19 16:12:44 CDT 2001

Forwarded from/for Tom Margrave,

Message follows:--------------------

Ok,  I am leaving KC this weekend and heading for
Chesapeake VA.  I have Cox Cable set up on 4/30 to
come out and install Cable TV, High Speed Access,
and Digital Phone.  I am not sure what I should
get for this install.   Question are to follow:

1. The Cox wants to sell me a cable modem for $199,
is that a good deal or should i get something else?

2.  I will have a need for a hub /switch  I was think
about Linksys BEFW11S4 - EtherFast Wireless AP +
Cable/DSL Router w/ 4-Port Switch at www.linksys.com.
(buy.com has it for $248.95) Any Comments or
suggestions?

This home network stuff is new to me.  I will have
to have a VPN with my home office in CA.  I will have
a p120 with 48 meg of RAM RH 7.0 machine and at least
3 M$ machines on this network.

Any comment are welcome.

Tom

Hal Duston