Starband Review

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Wed Apr 4 20:56:52 CDT 2001

In case anyone is interested, I wrote a Starband Satellite Ethernet review,
and a Howto document, for anyone considering Starband and Linux.

http://cmidkiff.dyndns.org/Starband_review.html
http://cmidkiff.dyndns.org/Starband_180_network_howto.html

I'd be interested in your feedback, I'm planning on submitting the howto to
linuxdoc.

The short version is:  If you have DSL or Cable modem service available,
stay away from the Satellite.  If not, it may be a viable option.  Latency
sucks.

Please excuse the fact that the above links are hosted on Win2k.  I'm using
it for some research right now.  They'll be on 'nix before long!

Thankx,

Chris Midkiff
DataCapture Technologies
chris at datacaptech.com