Ethernet adapter difficulties

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Tue Apr 3 23:09:56 CDT 2001

From: Jose Sanchez [mailto:j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com]

>  I am dual booting. I have two NICs and in Windows I found out they are
> on irq's 3 and nine. When I issue this command in Linux: cat
/proc/interrupts,
> I don't see these two IRQ in use. What could be the problem? Please help!
Thanks.

IRQ 3 may be a problem, since COM2 would share it, but under Linux the
Network Card should load before the serial driver and take priority.  You
may want to boot to DOS and use the configuration disk for the card to
change it.  If it's plug-and-pray, you may be able to lock the configuration
in your BIOS.

Check "dmesg | less" for signs that the driver is loading.