What's the opposite of a cat?

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Tue Sep 26 02:23:35 CDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:54:31 -0500 (CDT) Randy Rathbun
<randy at randyrathbun.org> writes:
> I know there are a bunch of folks using the CC to do their passwords.
> Type
> in your username, have a barcode as your password (name me one
> person who
> has a password of cdagfhwuinw-dbimwfjiwo-djfimaoqmeiow - or whatever
> the
> output would be) - and walla! Since everything is going through the
> keyboard, it really would work well.

  Huge problem with this.  Unless you've "neutered" the 'cat, the string
it produces includes that serial number unique to the 'cat.  If my
keyboard goes TU, I pull another off the shelf and plug it in.  That
damned serial number makes the 'cat unable to produce the same hash value
with a different device.   So, make sure you don't do this with root, or
have a rescue floppy that will let you in without the password Just In
Case.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.