What's the opposite of a cat?

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Sat Sep 23 17:15:58 CDT 2000

At the prodding of Tony "The Hammer" Hammitt, I produced a script that
reverses the functionality of Larry Wall's bar-de-coder thingmy:

#! /usr/bin/perl -n
printf ".%s.%s.%s.n",
map {
$_ = unpack 'x1a*',
pack( 'u',$_ ^ "C" x length());
s/`+/ /g;
chop;
tr/ -~/a-zA-Z0-9+-/;
$_;
}
/(S+)/g;

  I guess this should be called tac.pl or something....

Given any input of three "words" per line (the output of the version
posted to /. I sent the list a few days ago...

#! /usr/bin/perl -n
printf "%s %s %sn", map
{
tr/a-zA-Z0-9+-/ -_/;
$_ = unpack 'u',
chr(32+length()*3/4) . $_;
s/0+$//;
$_ ^= "C" x length;
} /.([^.]+)/g;

  For snits and grins, you may want to use it to decode something I did
as a demo of the new bar-coder thing...

.btyGka.bYOKkJCIlWa.acWTnsyXjcyTicya.
.iI0N.nYSM.kYWXmcya.
.nYSMoGa.msWNjGa.kI0a.
.lc0a.ra.ra.
.atyXlIia.ecSInsya.ra.

  Some of you are even old enough to get the last line <g>.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.