Brian's Stupid questions of the day

Brian Densmore bjdensmr at epsi.net
Fri Sep 15 12:52:48 CDT 2000

Does anybody know what the difference is between the Journaling File System
(jfs) and the Reiser File System; and which one I should use?

Also I have the following setup:
   1 pc which is acting as gateway and personal desktop - connected via 56k line
   2 pcs which are gateway clients
   1 pc which is a Web/e-mail/ftp server.

>From the webserver I can ping the gateway, but the gateway cannot ping the
webserver. The hosts entry for the webserver is like this

172.200.20.129		www.amason.net

what is wrong with the entry?

should it be

172.200.20.129		pc1.www.amason.net	www.amason.net

or what? Also, when I try to ping the other machine using the name or nickname
it goes out to the internet, and then fails to find them, but punching in the ip
address works fine!?

Thanks in advance,
Brian