Linux adoption near at my company

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Mon Sep 11 22:10:04 CDT 2000

Weird things are afoot at my current employer.  We had been evaluating VNC
on Windows as a replacement for Control IT, then I started getting requests
for home boxes to play with Linux on and heavy-duty SMP power user stuff to
run Linux with VMWare on it and today a request for another Sever config.
And with it plenty of questions about Linux from the guy I directly work
with.

I'm a bit heady from all this.  I actually got to talk about Reiser FS and
EXT2 FS today.  I took a quick trip over to the Linux Advocacy Howto today
to brush up.  it calmed me down.  Maybe by the end of this week I'll be
building my own work Linux box.  Dare I dream.

Now I've got to get all my computers put back together at home after the
move.  I definitely have some studying to do.

Brian