Randy's Stupid Question of the day

Brian Densmore bjdensmr at epsi.net
Sun Sep 10 21:38:41 CDT 2000

Umask unmasked!

using this list will help:

0 = rw- for files, rwx for directories;
1 = rw- for files and directories
2 = r-- for files, and r-x for directories
3 = r-- for files and directories
4 = -w- for files, -wx for directories
5 = -w- for files and directories
6 = --x for files and directories
7 = --- for files and directrories

These rules were written by a very smart lefthanded person, unfortunately most
really smart lefthanded people are dislexic (sic). Fortunately for me I am only
a moderately intelligent lefthanded person.

clears up it this I epoh,

Brian