Samba problem

mike welsh st_moose at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 22:47:55 CDT 2000

Noticed a problem with my samba server the other day and have yet to figure
it what is happening.

The server has been running fine for many months, but the other day, I tried
to access it from a Win98 box without success, I looked at the samba server
to see what was happening, and the samba was not running, so I started it,
smb status shows that is was running fine, I returned to the Win98 box and
samba still not working, return to the samba server and smb status shows
that it is NOT running, a restart of the samba server gets it running again,
but then with 2 minutes it is NOT running!

Anyone have any idea what I should be looking for to solve this unusual
problem?

thanks