still havin probs :)

Randy Reames rreames at freetobegeek.com
Mon Oct 23 03:48:21 CDT 2000

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 19:59:41 -0500, Brian Densmore said:

> Edgar,
>
>      Actually I prefer to put the swap last as far out as possible.
<snip>
>  I also like to put the most volatile file systems as far out on the disk as
>  possible (I'm a speed freak -on a budget).
>
>  Brian

Doesn't the outer edge of the disk spin slower then the inside, and have a
larger area for the arm to store and retrieve data? Wouldn't it be the slower
part of the disk?

Do partitions work from the inside out? (Sda1 = inside, sda7 = outside)

I don't know much about the physical structure of a hd, I've just taken a few
apart. 8)

Just curiouser.
--
Randy Reames	      Webmaster 	 Debian User
http://www.unixreview.com     http://sysadminmag.com

Gimp and vi, all I really need.