Oh no, it's RAID!

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Sun Oct 22 17:57:14 CDT 2000

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Randy Rathbun wrote:

> You guys are forgetting something - it's all fine and dandy to have
> hardware raid - and in some cases it may be faster - but is it $650
> faster?

I'm not referring to $650 RAID controllers.  I'm referring to IDE RAID
controllers which should be under $100, and SCSI RAID controllers which
can be as cheap as $150-$200 (specifically Mylex DAC-960 based
controllers, which are fully supported under Linux).  Search
pricewatch.com if you're interested.

Jeffrey.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "From Hell's heart I stab at thee...    |
| Network Systems Management |  For hate's sake I spit my last breath  |
| Sprint Communications      |  at thee..."                            |
                             |  Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan        |