lilo

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Sat Oct 21 18:57:46 CDT 2000

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, will goodman wrote:

> i just finished my 1st install of linux, i installed lilo on the 2nd
> hdd because win2k is on the master boot area in a ntfs format.  after
> i rebooted from the install, it comes to the point after the bios
> where it should ask me which os i want (optimally) or at least just
> boot into onew or the other and make me beat my head against the wall.
> but it just displays LI and freezes.  anyone else ever had this
> problem, (of even if you didn't, do you know a fix?)

Yes.  It's a FAQ.  I'd go to www.linuxdocs.org and look up FAQs and
HOWTOs, and then the LILO-HOWTO specifically.  I can't remember offhand
what the answer is, but this question is asked about every month on
KULUA's list.  You might also look through KULUA's archives at
http://kulua.org/Archives.  Search isn't working right now (long story),
but it should be within the month.

J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "Protecting essential freedoms is       |
| Network Systems Management |  always a matter of restricting the     |
| Sprint Communications      |  actions that would deny them.          |
o----------------------------|  Remember, your freedom to swing your   |
                             |  fist ends at the tip of my nose."      |
                             |  -- Richard Stallman                    |