RedHat 7.0

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Tue Oct 17 18:13:50 CDT 2000

Well the Helix code for Red Hat 7.0 is not quite ready for primetime.  At
least not for this user.  It did install several programs and saved me time
installing each one, but didn't really change the default Gnome setup much.
The Updater didn't get added and in general it didn't look the same as on
6.2.
I set up Kmail, since I was used to this program.  It grabbed all the mail
from the inbox on my Windows box and now I can't get it back.  All the mail
in folders other than inbox were left untouched.  I was able to forward a
couple of messages back to myself, but then I started to get SMTP errors on
every single attempt.  It said I had a malformed address.  I might try
another program or just use Netscape.  Very odd problem though because I
turned off the feature to delete from server once the message was retrieved.

Later..