Oh, the humanity!

Randy Rathbun randy at randyrathbun.org
Thu Oct 5 15:55:17 CDT 2000

I am gonna be sick.

Last night my power went out. The UPS kicked in and kept my machines
running. After 30 minutes of no AC, I decided it would be wise to kill my
main computer so that my server could have all the power. So, I shut it
down. About 3 hours later the power came back on.

So, I lost my 87 day uptime. *Sigh*. But there is more...

This morning I restart my main machine. As I said - it has not been
powered off in 87 days. The machine comes up, I get the Helix Code gdm, I
try to log on - nothing. It won't read my keyboard! I try switching over
to the other terminals - nothing! The screen flickers and takes me right
back to the X login.

Well, I have no idea what to do now. Suggestions on what I should look
at? Oh - and I can log in over the network, so at least I am not totally
locked out of the thing. Just makes it really hard to play Civ:CTP and
Railroad Tychoon.

Randy Rathbun                            randy at randyrathbun.org
http://astrodot.org - 100% Amateur Astronomy. No preservatives.
http://randyrathbun.org          http://quitequitefantastic.org
I refuse to participate in HackSDMI.
 See http://www.eff.org/pub/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/current.html

My wife and I have the secret to making a marriage last. Two times a week,
we go to a nice restaurant, a little wine, good food..... She goes
Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
     -Henny Youngman