kclug 11-21-00

Dave Parker dlparker at dlpinc.com
Thu Nov 23 15:50:57 CST 2000

And my apologies for not monitoring the list more closely and
(hopefully) saving you some grief.  I live in Pleasant Hill, and
I have the best of intentions about making it to the meetings
(yes, I KNOW what 'that' road is paved with!!), and it's really
a pretty easy shot if you take I-70 west. I go MO7 N to US50 E,
stay on that until it becomes US350 and goes through Raytown and
hits I435.  Go right on I435 (N - can't remember what the exit
sign says, but it's a right turn), then stay on 435 until you
get to I70 west (exits on the left).  Stay on I70 until after
it becomes four lanes and the two left lanes split off to the
left.  I've included an edited version of the directions from
mapquest below my .sig.  I always forget exactly which exit and
take either the first or second exit to the right after the two
left lanes of I70 split off to the left to become 670 (right
past the church where I first got married in another lifetime)
on (I think) 12th or 13th street, then head west.  I've never
used these directions, but they seem right to me.  Of course,
with all the construction going on up there all this may have
changed.

As always, YMMV, IANAL, IANARD (nor do I play one on tv),
reading this email will void all your warranties both
expressed and implied, paying attention to anything I say
may place you in grave danger, and I may self-destruct in 30
seconds (if I haven't already).

--
Dave Parker/DLP, Inc.    dlparker at dlpinc.com    www.dlpinc.com

Driving Directions

FROM: PLEASANT HILL, MO

TO: Kansas City, MO Public Library, 311 E. 12TH ST.
  KANSAS CITY, MO

Take MO-7 North                                        7.4 miles

Take the US-50 W exit on the left towards KANSAS CITY. 0.2 miles

Merge onto US-50 W.                                    8.9 miles

Stay straight to go onto MO-350 W.                     7.7 miles

Take the I-435 N exit.                                 0.4 miles

Merge onto I-435 N.                                    2.5 miles

Take the I-70 W exit, exit number 63A, on the left
  towards KANSAS CITY.                                 0.5 miles

Merge onto I-70 W.                                     5.2 miles

Take the I-70-ALT W/I-670 W/I-35 S exit, exit
  number 2L, on the left towards TOPEKA/WICHITA.       0.1 miles

Merge onto I-670 W. 0.5 miles

Take the MCGEE ST/TRUMAN RD exit, exit number 2Q.      0.1 miles

Turn RIGHT onto MCGEE ST.                              0.2 miles

Turn RIGHT onto E 12TH ST.                             0.0 miles

TOTAL ESTIMATED TIME: 45 minutes
TOTAL DISTANCE: 34.2 miles