Presenter at next meeting

Chris Midkiff cmidkiff at kc.rr.com
Thu May 25 01:51:41 CDT 2000

I recently had worknet spec out an implementation at a subsidiary of the company I work for. They
don't have an IT department of their own, and have to rely on us for tech support.  They were
wanting internet access, email (hosted offsite), and a remote access system (dial-up to their
server and connect to our lan).

Very cool stuff...  We are going to put it in as soon as the contract gets signed.  Can't come
anywhere near the price for what they offer with any other service.  Business DSL comes close, but
is not available at this location  They own and support all the equipment, and they can handle
masquerading of the existing IP scheme.  Plug it in, point the local machines at the provided
gateway, and it just works (well, maybe a nameserver).

Seems like the perfect solution for a company without any internal techies.  Only major drawback I
can see is direct line of sight to downtown.  If you can get a tech there to talk, count me in.

Chris Midkiff
cmidkiff at kc.rr.com