Art For Orgs At LinuxFest 2000

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Mon Jun 19 04:47:41 CDT 2000

http://linuxpr.com/releases/2040.html

    Mobius Marketing, Inc. of Kansas, producers of LinuxFest is proud to announce
    that an additional fund raiser will be in place for LinuxFest 2000.

    By exclusive agreement, Mark Lakin, internationally recognized artist has been
    contracted to create the 'Official' portrait for LinuxFest. The Penguin of Liberty will
    be on display during LinuxFest as Mr. Lakin completes the painting. Through out
    LinuxFest, bids may be submitted and the highest bid will be the proud owner of
    the artwork. Half of the winning price will be divided equally between the Linux
    Orgs participating in LinuxFest.

    Mr. Lakin has captured many prizes around the world and his craftsmanship will
    be appreciated.

    "Many varied personalities are deeply involved in the Linux Community and this
    painting is one way to recognize the companies actively involved and we hope
    for a stong bidding for the ownership rights". We hope that this will be appreciated
    by those who enjoy art and the art of coding.

    Major International companies like Red Hat, Atipa Linux Solutions and Informix
    plus many other new cutting edge companies will be at LinuxFest and this will be
    the first opportunity for many in the midwest to see Linux up close in operation
    themselves.

    For additional information contact:

    Greg Palmer
    Mobius Marketing
    (785) 213-1349
    greg at linuxfest.net
    www.linuxfest.com

-------

This seems to mean us...

I don't quite know what to say.  I'm rather surprised.  On one hand, I
hope it sells for a lot so we get more money, but I think that the group
has been running quite nicely without money.  I think having money in
the Org's name will complicate things.

Opinions please!

See ya tomorrow,

Tony